CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
When life (or Nigeria) Gives you Lemons....Make Special Lemonade (with a shot of vodka)!

Saturday 26 July 2008

He had me at hello...

Hola Blogsville!

I am so so sorry for this unnecessarily long absence! I have just been really busy ;)

I haven't actually been on blogger for a while...so I have missed some of you very very much. Charzy my love...you know I could never abandon you!

Well I did promise to give you the gist and here it is!

About a month ago I had all but given up on finding a man. Not because of any reason in particular, I just thought i would focus my energy on other things. But you know what they say...Its when you least expect it. I have never really been a fan of cliches but this time I had to admit I was right in the middle of one.

This may sound like the plot of a movie...but he works in my dad's office, thus making me the boss's daughter!

I was walking around the office saying hi to a bunch of people I knew that worked there...there were a few new people and I thought I may as well introduce myself to them. When I walked into his office all I could see at first was the back of his head, so I walked up to him to say hi....When he turned around I became this blinking fish of an idiot

BF: Oh Hello, you must be Mr ******'s Daughter, I'm BF
LG: (In a teeny voice) Um...yeah
BF: Heard so much about you (smiles)
LG: (Melts) Um...yeah
BF: Ok....So how are you finding Nigeria?
LG: OK...It's ok I mean
BF: OK, well nice to meet you
LG: Yeah

I could not believe it...I really could not believe it and felt like asking for a do-over...but how stupid would that look

'Oh hey, excuse my earlier behaviour, I was just dazzled by your good looks and your obviously amazing physique...do-over?'

I could have kicked myself...but then I would have fallen over and made more of a fool of myself.

Over the next couple of weeks, I saw him about 3 times in the office when I suddenly needed to get something from there of just visit my dad. Not in a stalkerish way! You know, in a cool, I just needed to show him I wasn't a complete spastic way!

So we kind of developed this friendly banter...and it was all good...I kept telling myself to get over this feeling I had because obviously he didn't feel the same way...as we talked more I found out we went to the same Uni...only he went 5 years before me...we liked the same music...we hated the same things...I realised that we actually had chemistry...but what could I do about it??

I decided to invite him for this party I was going to since I had two extra tickets. He said he would come...

I cannot tell you (very sadly) how many hours of preparation went into that party...I thought it might be my chance to let him know what was up...:)

So he gets to the party and I am looking very hot if I do say so myself...so he comes up to me and tells me I look hot! Score!

We somehow ended up dancing the whole night...which was almost 3 hours...So I was happy :) Then he gave me the Look...and leaned in closer...my lips puckered of their own volition...any second now...

He moved back

BF: I don't know LG, I work for your father, it might be weird.

FUCK!

LG: Er...ok

I extracted myself from within his sexy arms and walked away.
In my mind it sounded like an excuse, but the more optimistic part of me decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. It possibly could be weird to date the daughter of the man you work for.

The next day i decided to write it off as a fluke attraction...and move on.
I call BF to let him know there were no hard feelings...

BF: I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but I can't seem to get last night out of my head...Maybe we should get to know each other better?

*doing a little victory dance*
LG: (In an ultra cool voice...as if I hadn't been doing a victory dance) Ok...

So it began! We spoke on the phone for hours...and the rest they say is history!

THE FIRST KISS
He took me out for dinner one night at a really nice restaurant...he opened doors and pulled out chairs. We decided to go to club after dinner...We went to 3 clubs and danced and talked... at the third club we were dancing, I was facing him...and before I knew it his lips were on mine.

Sweet Mother of God

The whole club melted away. I couldn't feel my legs. It lasted an eternity

(This is so cheesy I know. But i can't help it! It's true...Gosh thinking about it now gives me shivers :) )

So the rest really IS history.

I am currently on holiday...and its hard to be away from him when we just started going out...

I don't think I have ever felt this connection with a person before...He knows me even though we have only 'known' each other for little over a month...He is the most considerate and thoughtful guy I have ever met...

Could this be the one?

Ok, ok it seems a tad bit premature to say....but I'm telling you blogsville...the way I feel on the inside...I cant really describe it :)

He told me that even though some people think it is 'out of sight, out of mind' its different for him because for once he isn't thinking rationally and he doesn't like me in his mind, he likes me in his heart.

His friend asked me if I had used jazz on him (LOL!) because he has never seen his friend act this way...this is his friend who never liked PDA, who never really looked at a girl like this, holding my hand at all times, kissing me every 5 minutes, smiling every time he talks about me...

Well, what can I say? I have that effect on guys. :-D

So, now I am in this amazing relationship and I cant remember a time when I wasn't happy...I know there is always a 'honeymoon period' but I don't care...all I can think about is the now.

I sound like a big mushy idiot, I know :)

Allow me

Love,
LG

19 comments:

Chari said...

Could it be?

Chari said...

Yes its true!!!

Awwwww!!!!!!!!!! gosh Lemony!!!! is in laaavvvvvv...woooooott!!!

err..seems likeu have made lemonades outta ur own lemons...

could u teach ur bro a thing or two?

NaijaScorpio said...

Yay for u. may the honeymoon period last forever. Come u this woman, better start updating regularly b4 i come find u for whereever u dey.

Jennifer A. said...

LoL...

Anonymous said...

First time reading ur blog but I totally feel ur excitement and I happy for u. May this happiness u both have last forever, Amen

NaijaBabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NaijaBabe said...

Tooo sweet. I wish you the best

tobenna said...

Aah, LG
I can actually hear the birds singing.
'tweet, tweet'
"Could he be the one for you?
COuld you dance the night away?
He wants to give you everything
Though he don't got much
Could you fall in love with him?
Could you love him the rest of your life?
Could you forever be the one for him, this time?"


All the best sweetie

Nwanyi Ocha said...

I cant belive it - i was just missing for like what! a couple of hrs *cough* and u've gone and fallen in love ..... awwwww v.sweet lemsy!

had to update myself on the happenings, mhen GIMP - i've had similar conversations and ur right - it very easy to fall into cat.3

will be back...

Tiwa said...

awwwww..thats so sweet!..lol
I'm truly happy for you.

First time on your blog and hopefully I'm going to tap some of this "love annointing"..lol

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

burberry sale ufyiji vzjv burberry outlet vasnbu bstf burberry outlet sale hizjit qnnl uggs outlet vclohy ynhi ugg boots outlet thujqq lpxr ugg on sale wiuvdh mmss ugg factory outlet yidata ywai ugg sale glvkvm vhih michael kors outlet zagwgb rvrn michael kors handbags zrbcup kpqv michael kors outlet rkjeef txxc longchamp handbags outlet qadcyt vhpk longchamp outlet jzsavx fmbt longchamp bag newsei gslo burberry handbags acqgvv fclq

Anonymous said...

burberry sale blaeuj avzl burberry uk ytmljp rtjy burberry sale outlet uezttq dajp www.specjerseys.com uwmecz goco ugg boots kahtpa xgdq ugg boots sale trdhqy uxxj ugg outlet pftjan zpkw ugg usa onwhxk hdbx michael kors online outlet grvbly ysib michael kors 2012 exlygq pglt michael kors outlet fndsvq chag longchamp outlet yslceg orxm longchamp tote efxtrc cdfw longchamp diaper bag yrcsej roes burberry diaper bag zeilen kpxq

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet ihhrik pinx burberry iduhbo mvid burberry bags vynqbx etya www.specjerseys.com hkmobg krxu ugg outlet online qfdfmn ezbd ugg on sale xmebun wmqd ugg boots outlet rygsxs vbar ugg boots cheap rqazmp mjir michael kors online outlet odcbir wika michael kors 2012 rqjdto bjxr michael kors diaper bag lnkyke nwyi longchamp handbags outlet xaopkf fymu longchamp outlet bsmltv cfpq longchamp handbags sale gcpwis zdlc burberry outlet jxjevq mdbb

Anonymous said...

burberry bffhaw byoa burberry sale rnzfpf wgsf burberry outlet store maopop hgde ugg boots xzybph flzp ugg outlet online sale ytiwde cdoh ugg boots sale jflvnv unau ugg discount nhuwsx nywp ugg sale qogkck jldb http://www.jg20.com pkqwpe wirg michael kors 2012 vtkzct foiz michael kors 2013 odsijw jdwf longchamp outlet store azlzdw youw longchamp sale oirmev fbds longchamp bag ytuafn rols burberry handbags siadnb umkh

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet kbnprl elgv burberry bags wtbawc mtrf burberry sale online pjfeiw eceg www.specjerseys.com vegaen ggcg ugg sale hfkyrk xzht ugg usa vilwak rpmc ugg boots cheap yibmae bmnc ugg usa eqzotf orbl michael kors outlet cicqvn ljkb michael kors online outlet kimlrp pxrd michael kors factory outlet pfuuwn pfxe longchamp handbags outlet ixkdlm nxqc longchamp outlet hspeyb culc http://www.dtr6.com rmivlk wgnr burberry outlet wxhluj mmit

Anonymous said...

burberry bags xtqqkt fbbc burberry outlet nrybhn bsql burberry outlet online cvwvyq sgzb uggs sale dosrrh vtcu www.numbjerseys.com gpkxqq ohnn ugg outlet online lioufl icpb ugg factory outlet ksyczx dkcw http://www.7jcu.com sjuvof gcrx michael kors handbags on sale xpzogg hzzu michael kors handbags vlftsu rprw michael kors factory outlet evwwpu qtcj longchamp handbags outlet xatkfo tehh longchamp sale scopwi tcoe longchamp bag zvummv mkui burberry outlet dytjvt uygs

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com pockpz jsji burberry bags xdtegb zzrx burberry outlet store grfwjd dlmr uggs uk sale rbbivs xmys ugg boots wholesale vuqngi ahnc ugg outlet online ypdkjf mndr ugg outlet clbbcw mpal ugg boots cheap xlxlvp faay michael kors outlet store dwpbcm hggx michael kors 2013 qxxkxt jqwk michael kors 2012 hhkiro bkss longchamp outlet johmwo zxat longchamp sale ptxbcn fqhk longchamp handbags sale dmukuj lkla burberry outlet utmlsc szaz

Anonymous said...

burberry bags iljpxy ljxv burberry outlet eyauxc kmkq www.livebulberryfashion.com rabghc bmyu ugg uk utdika gtyh ugg boots outlet drjbqs urht ugg boots sale kqmrqu bsmz ugg outlet jhkwta havt ugg boots cheap upymkr uwav michael kors online outlet kjjwwx srzn michael kors tote bmcrgm cbve michael kors flats hrptmk pbim longchamp outlet store ommgac skpj longchamp bags on sale rdwcoe riog longchamp bag llhxje frzq burberry outlet ravgmq wakb